02 nights Darjeeling | 01 night Kalimpong | 03 nights Gangtok
Lying amidst the slopes of the Lesser Himalayas and blanketed by emerald green plantations of tea, Darjeeling is a picturesque town in the Indian state of West Bengal. The majestic Kangchenjunga towers over this beautiful town, which is the third highest mountain in the world. Popularly known as the ‘ Queen of the Hills’ , Darjeeling provided stunning locations for many Bollywood movies including Barfi, Main Hoon Na and Aradhana. Developed by the British, the colonial era architecture can still be seen everywhere in Darjeeling. Away from the hustle-bustle of metropolitan cities, Kalimpong welcomes you with open arms to experience the best that nature has to offer.
DAY 1 – NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport – Darjeeling (75 kms / 3 hrs)
- Arrival at NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport and then with him you will be departing towards the Darjeeling (6,950 ft.). On reach, check into the hotel and the rest of the day will be free to explore the environs. Return back to the hotel till dusk and enjoy dine followed by the overnight stay.
DAY 2 – Darjeeling Sightseeing
- After Breakfast, Today the day will be at leisure as you will be driving towards the Tiger hill (8,400 ft.) , to have magnificent views of the Mount Everest along the Kanchenjunga ranges. This is 11 km from the city of Darjeeling and can be conquered either by jeep or by foot through Chowrasta, Alubari (the oldest tea plantation) or Jorebangla and then you will be bouldering up incline to the peak, which will take about 2 hours at an effortless speed. Enroute you will be visiting the Ghoom Monastery, prevalently known as the Yiga Choeling Monastery situated at Ghum at an altitude of 8,000 feet. After having the crowcock meal, visit the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, P.N. Zoological Park (Thursday closed), Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugee self-help Centre (Sunday closed), Tea Garden (outer view), Ropeway and Japanese Temple. The evening will be free to explore the area your own or you can opt the shopping for your reminiscence. Enjoy the feast in the hotel followed by the overnight stay.
DAY 3 – Darjeeling – Kalimpong (57 kms / 2 ½ hrs) Sightseeing
- After Breakfast, you will be transferring to Kalimpong (3,950 ft.). Upon arrival check into the Hotel and then later in the afternoon enjoy a half-day tour of Kalimpong, Enroute visit Mangal Dham, Deolo Hill, Dr. Graham’s Home, Golf Garden, Durpin Dara Hills and Pine View Nursery. The overnight stay will be at Kalimpong.
- Kalimpong’s is a renowned, Himalayan trading center focused on the tea trade with Tibet, across the Jelep La Pass. Like Darjeeling, Kalimpong once belonged to the chogyals of Sikkim, but it fell into the hands of the Bhutanese in the 18th century and later passed to the India after Independence.
DAY 4 – Kalimpong – Gangtok (75 kms / 3 hrs)
- After breakfast, you will be transferring to the Gangtok (5,500 ft.). On arrival, check-into the hotels for rest. The stay will be at Gangtok followed by the dinner Rest of the day free for leisure.
DAY 5 – Gangtok Local Sightseeing
- After Breakfast, You will be hiking towards the Tashi view point, Ganesh Tok, Hanuman Tok, Flower show, Cottage Industry and Handicraft Centre, Institute of Tibetology, Dro-dul Chorten, Enchey Monastery & Banjakhri Falls (maximum 6 hours). The stay will be at Gangtok.
DAY 6 – Excursion to Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir
- After Breakfast, hike towards the Tsomgo Lake (12,400 ft.) and Baba Mandir (13,200 ft.), which is 55 kms away from Gangtok city? In the evening return back to the Gangtok for an overnight stay.
- (In case of Land slide or any other reason Tsomgo Lake is closed we will provided alternate sightseeing.)
DAY 7 – Gangtok – NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport (120 kms / 5 hrs)
- After Breakfast, check out from the hotel, and move towards the NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport for your onward journey. Back to home with sweet memories.
- Welcome drink on arrival.
- Parking and Toll tax.
- Meet & greet on arrival.
- 06 Breakfasts.
- Pick and Drop at time of arrival/departure.
- Driver’s allowance, Road tax and Fuel charges.
- Sightseeing by private car.
- All hotel and transport taxes & Driver Allowances.
- All transfers and sightseeing by personal car.
- 06 Nights Accommodation on double sharing basis.
- Camera fee.
- Alcoholic / Non- Alcoholic beverages.
- Travel insurance.
- 5% GST.
- Any Airfare / Train fare.
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, and vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
- Tips, laundry & phone call.
- Entrance fees to monuments and museum.
- All personal expenses.